Americans celebrate Independence Day, on the 4th of July, with a lot of joy and excitement every year. Americans remember the hardships their ancestors went through to give them their precious freedom by having parades, ceremonies to raise the flag, and barbecue parties. Famous people have said beautiful words about patriotism over the years and centuries. Here are some of the best Quotes about US Independence Day.
Quotes about US Independence Day
Quotes showing how you feel about this traditional American holiday are the perfect way to finish your Fourth of July projects. Don’t worry if you can’t come up with the right words for your Fourth of July cards, invitations, party decorations, or even Instagram posts. No matter how you want to say “Happy 4th of July,” whether you want to keep it light, show your patriotism, or just be funny, you can find many quotes and sayings right here. You can use these quotes on a wide range of personalized outdoor home decors, such as garden flags, yard signs, and even custom vinyl banners that you can hang indoors or outdoors.
“America is another name for opportunity.”~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Independence Day: freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.”~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”~ Adlai E. Stevenson
“America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.”~ Harry S. Truman
“The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.”~ Alexis de Tocqueville
“Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance.”~ Woodrow Wilson
“Unless our conception of patriotism is progressive, it cannot hope to embody the real affection and the real interest of the nation.”~ Jane Addams
- “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams
- “This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.” —Theodore Roosevelt, 26th president of the United States
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” —Mahatma Gandhi, social activist
- “Dreams are the foundation of America.” —Lupita Nyong’o, Kenyan-Mexican actress
- “We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their plows but to secure liberty for their souls.” —Robert J. McCracken, writer
- “Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity.” —Herbert Hoover, 31st president of the United States
- “The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear.” —Aung San Suu Kyi, former Democratic leader of Myanmar
- “The most fatal thing a man can do is try to stand alone.” —Carson McCullers, American writer
- “Vigor of government is essential to the security of liberty.” —Alexander Hamilton, Founding Father
- “All great change in America begins at the dinner table.” —Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the United States
- “Freedom means the opportunity to be what we never thought we would be.” —Daniel J. Boorstin, American historian
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” —Nelson Mandela, anti-apartheid revolutionary
- “Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom.” —Albert Einstein, physicist
- “One characteristic of Americans is that they have no tolerance at all of anybody putting up with anything. We believe that whatever is going wrong ought to be fixed.” —Margaret Mead, anthropologist
- Let’s make the America’s independence day, the day of celebration for everyone on this planet.
- On this independence day, do not forget to remember the brave heroes of America who made this day possible.
- Happy Independence day to all Americans who are Americans with heart regardless of color and caste.
- Hey, you enjoy the independence day of America. You are lucky that you are born in such wonderful land.
- Grateful to all those people who served this great country and allowed us our freedom. Happy Independence Day!
- Add the color of Independence in your life and make the 4th of July the happiest day of the planet.
- Sending you lots of love, happiness and prosperity on the day of independence. Happy America, happy we, happy nation.
- 4th July, may you have long lasting years of freedom, peace, prosperity and citizens like us.
- Be proud that we are American by heart and soul. Let’s celebrate the Independence day with true spirit.
- God has blessed us by sending us in the country like America, which is full of love, livelihood and opportunities.
- Enjoy the freedom but don’t forget to thank the soldiers who laid down their lives for it. Salute to the brave soldiers.
4th of July Short Quotes
It’s finally July 4th. So, whether you’re having a BBQ in your backyard or going to a fireworks show in your city, this happy 4th of July quote reminds us what the holiday is all about. These 4th of July Short Quotes are all about red, white, and blue. There are liberty quotes that tell us to stand up for what’s right, like fighting against racism in the U.S., and freedom quotes that tell us to stick together.
“Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”~ Abraham Lincoln
“You can come from humble circumstances and do great things.”~ Condoleezza Rice
“God Bless America, my home, sweet home.”~ Irving Berlin
“There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.”~ Bill Clinton
“One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation forevermore!”~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Where freedom is, there is my nation.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “You cannot conquer America.” — William Pitt
- “All great change in America begins at the dinner table.” — Ronald Reagan
- “True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what`s right.” – Bringham Young
- “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” – John Dickinson
- “Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea.” —John Gunther, writer
- “America is known as a country that welcomes people to its shores. All kinds of people.” —Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice
- “Diversity: the art of thinking independently, together.” —Malcolm Forbes, American publisher
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” —Robert Frost, American poet
- “America is another name for opportunity.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson, American writer and Transcendentalist
Thankful Fourth of July Quotes
It is also called the Fourth of July or July 4th in the United States. Americans have parades and cookouts to mark the day. A lot of homes and businesses have the American flag flying in front of them. There are fireworks shows in many places, and patriotic songs are often played along with them. The day is a national holiday and a time to celebrate what’s great about the United States. People get together on the Fourth of July, grill, and always run out of ice, but the real point of the holiday is to celebrate America as a whole. We’ve put together a list of the best Thankful Fourth of July Quotes that will make you proud to be an American.
“Wish you a safe, love-filled and prospering Independence Day! This is the nation’s day, American’s Day and American’s Day.
“Happy Independence day to Americans who are lovely by their heart and sharp by their mind.”
“Let’s get united and salute the brave people who fought for independence without thinking about their fate, and gifted us the glory of Independence. Happy Independence Day to all Americans.”
“America has become one of the best countries in the world because of its hard work. Be a proud American and never do anything that could spoil the prestige of our nation. Wish you all happy independence.”
“A powerful country made a strong history and pride with its determination and courage. Wishing you happy Fourth of July!”
- A spirit of equality and faith and a belief of development and togetherness. Happy Fourth of July!
- May the country always flourishes and celebrates many more years of independence. Wishing you all Happy Fourth of July!
- Happy Fourth of July to all the citizens of America, may the country cherishes the togetherness and peace within!
- I am lucky to be born in a nation which believes in freedom of speech and thought. Wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July.
- Let us remember our heroes and pay tribute to them. Happy fourth of July!
- Let us follow in the footsteps of our heroes and make our country the greatest in the world. Happy Fourth of July!
- Let’s celebrate our independence by spreading love, hope and optimism. Happy Fourth of July!
- Want to say thanks to our brave heroes for sacrificing their life for the independence of our nation. Happy Fourth of July!
- America is a melting pot of cultures and has always welcomed people from all nationalities and countries. That is what makes it such a great nation. Happy Fourth of July!
- It is the hard work, determination and courage of our heroes that America is today the greatest nation in the world. Happy Fourth of July!
- Many years ago, Americans made a choice. And the choice was to live with dignity. Happy Fourth of July!
- The American spirit cannot be broken and neither can it be enslaved. Happy Fourth of July!
- Our heroes not just fought for the country’s independence but also gave us an invaluable lesson. Never to lose hope. Happy Fourth of July!
- May our great nation continue to prosper. Wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July.
- I am lucky to be born in this great nation. Happy Fourth of July!
- Let us take a pledge that we would always follow in the footsteps of our illustrious forefathers. Happy Fourth of July!
- I am proud to be born in a nation where every citizens is equal before the law. Happy Fourth of July!
- May the American flag always fly high. Happy Fourth of July!
- Never forget this wonderful day. It is through the struggle of our forefathers that we got our freedom. Happy Fourth of July!
- Every night I go to sleep thanking my forefathers for sacrificing their life for the independence of our country. Wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July.
- Our forefathers gave us the opportunity to hold our heads high. Happy Fourth of July!
- Thank God, the days of colonialism are over. May no one ever be a slave again. Happy Fourth of July!
- It is time to celebrate our freedom. Wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July.
- A thousand salutations to our brave heroes. Happy Fourth of July!
- Our freedom is precious because was achieved by the loss f thousands of lives on the battlefield. Happy Fourth of July!
- Let us salute and remember the sacrifices of our heroes who laid down their life for the country. Wishing all a happy Fourth of July.
- We bow our heads in gratitude to all those people who made America such a prosperous and great nation. Happy Fourth of July!
- Spread the joy, share the love and give away lots of blessings. Happy 4th of July!
- Enjoy the independence, parade, music, dance, and fireworks today and celebrate Independence Day. Happy 4th of July!
- Freedom does not come free, the cost of it is paid by the supreme sacrifices of the soldiers. Remembering the sacrifices of the Bravehearts this Independence Day!
- A big thanks to all the leaders gave us independence and made this country a heaven on Earth. Proud to be an American. Happy 4th of July!
- Celebrating the power, pride, courage, and faith. Long live America! Happy 4th of July.
- Nothing gives me more pride as being a part of a wonderful and great nation. Proud American! Happy 4th of July!!
- This 4th of July take time to understand the supreme sacrifices of the martyrs and appreciate them for their bravery.
- 4th of July is to remember the supreme sacrifices of our soldiers who laid their lives for us.
- Hey America, happy independence day! We are lucky we are born in America the free land.
- Today is independence day, don’t spoil it watching TV. Come out and do something for the nation.
- Happy Independence day to you! Enjoy living in a free land and country like America.
- We are lucky we are American! We have independence for doing everything and let’s not forget it.
- Hey America, we all wish, you live endless years of independence and have people like us your citizens.
- On the 4th of July, let’s get united to pay homage to those souls, whose sacrifices have made this day a reality.
- On this independence, take pledge to think beyond caste, color and creed. Follow the path of success, prosperity and peace.
- See the sea and sky on the fourth of July. They all look delighted and enjoying no unethical boundaries, rules and regulation.
- On this auspicious day let our heart bleed for the ones who fought hard and made supreme sacrifices for the nation. May their souls rest in peace!!
- Freedom means state of not being imprisoned or enslaved. Break the boundaries and relish selfhood.
- Remembering the brave martyrs this Independence Day. May their soul rest in peace!!
- Love your country and keep the spirit of faith, courage, and love alive in your heart. Take time to offer prayers to the martyrs. Happy 4th of July!
- I am an American and I am proud of that. Let’s celebrate this proud feeling on the day of independence.
- We are the leader and we will be the leader, let’s pledge this on independence day and make efforts for the same.
- Happy Independence Day to all with a message “While you enjoy your freedom, don’t forget to pay homage to our American brave Heroes.”
- Happy Indepence day to all my friends. This is a big day, let’s do something big and not spoil it romancing.
- This is 4th July, let’s make this day more wonderful and spectacular by doing some charity for needy.
Funny Fourth of July Quotes
We don’t mean to be rude, but the Fourth of July is kind of our favorite holiday. Why? Barbecues, party drinks, fireworks, and, of course, everything red, white, and blue. (Like these tasty desserts, starters, and side dishes.) On Independence Day, whether you’re making a big meal for your friends or just hanging out with your family, one of these Fourth of July quotes is a great way to celebrate. Here, are some funny Fourth of July quotes for Instagram that will remind you why you’re celebrating.
“When you’re born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front row seat.”~ George Carlin
“The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”~ Gloria Steinem
“My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbor, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love.”~ Yakov Smirnoff
“Laughter is America’s most important export.”~ Walt Disney
“You wonder sometimes how our government puts on its pants in the morning.”~ Jon Stewart
- “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ―George Orwell, English novelist
- “A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket and rejoices that the system works.” —Bill Vaughan, American columnist
- “If I have to lay an egg for my country, i’ll do it.” — bob hope
- “Thanksgiving without turkey is like fourth of july with no apple pie, or friday with no two pizzas.” — joey from friends
- “It’s Fourth of July weekend, or, as I call it, Exploding Christmas.” -Stephen Colbert
- “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” -George Bernard Shaw
- “America’s a family. We all yell at each other, and it all works out.” -Louis C.K.
- “My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbour, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love.” -Yakov Smirnoff
- “Let’s not forget why we celebrate 4th of July, it is the day Will Smith saved us from the aliens.” -Unknown
- “Happy 4th of July! Drink until you see stars… and stripes!” -Unknown
- “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” -James G. Blaine
- “He makes me melt like a popsicle on the fourth of july.” — darla from the little rascals
- “I’m just like my country—i’m young, scrappy, and hungry, and i am not throwing away my shot.” — alexander hamilton from hamilton
Patriotic 4th of July Quotes
Lots of summery things come to mind when you think of the Fourth of July, like barbecues in the summer sun, parties with friends and family, and summer fruits like watermelon and blueberries. Plus, everything is red, white, and blue. We can’t wait for this day to celebrate freedom, being together, and the USA. Let’s enjoy summer on the Fourth of July, but let’s also remember our shared American history and what the day is all about. Use these patriotic quotes to honor our country’s independence.
- Being in America is a proud for many. Think how much proud we should feel, as we are born in America. Happy 4th of July 2020
- Today America is the synonym of prosperity, power and happiness. This all has come from freedom. So, Happy Independence Day
- Happy Indepence day of America to all my American friends who are American by heart.
- Let’s be American by heart and soul both, only then the celebration of independence will begin. Happy 4th of July
- Every year independence day on 4th of July; gives us the inspiration to make our tomorrow successful and bright. Happy 4th of July
- Happy Independence to Americans sweet by heart and soul. Let’s make this day inspiring for all.
- This Independence, let’s pledge, we will not hurt the integrity of our nation, neither will let anyone do so.
- America has so many treasures, we are blessed that we are born in this wonderful free land. Happy Independence Day Friends.
- The independence that we are enjoying today hasn’t come easy. Respect the day, understand its worth. Happy 4th July.
- Let’s get united to mark the independence day and help America grow as a better and remain the leader nation.
- “America is a tune. It must be sung together.”— Gerald Stanley Lee
- “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie
- “Intellectually I know that America is no better than any other country; emotionally I know she is better than every other country.”— Sinclair Lewis
- “We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls.” — Robert J. McCracken
- “In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope.” — Barack Obama
- “I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”—Patrick Henry
- “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “My favorite thing about the United States? Lots of Americans, one America.” – Val Saintsburt
- “The history of free men is never really written by chance but by choice; their choice!” —Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “America means opportunity, freedom, power.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” —Edward Abbey
- “Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” — William Faulkner
- “Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all.” —George Washington
- “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa
- “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.” —Kahlil Gibran
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.” —Marquis de Lafayette
- “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” ― Bob Marley
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
- “When you’re born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.” — George Carlin
- “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.” ― Thomas Paine
- “If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn’t have declared their independence from it.” — Stephen Colbert
- “Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.” — Calvin Coolidge
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” ― Nelson Mandela
- “Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.” —George Washington
Best Quotes To Celebrate Independence Day
Reach out to your family and friends to wish them a happy 4th of July. Send your family and friends 4th of July 2022 greetings and USA Independence Day wishes that are full of love for the country and positive energy. You can show how much you love your country on the Fourth of July by sending such beautiful messages. Here is a great collection of motivational Happy USA Independence Day Messages and 4th of July slogans that you can share on WhatsApp and Facebook with your friends and family. Here are some of our website’s Best Quotes To Celebrate Independence Day.
- “All people are born alike. Except Republicans and Democrats.” — Groucho Marx
- “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
- “The most fatal thing a man can do is try to stand alone.” —Carson McCullers
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it.” —Mark Twain
- “I’d like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free and wanted other people to be also free.” —Rosa Parks
- “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Vigor of government is essential to the security of liberty.”—Alexander Hamilton
- “Freedom is never granted. It is earned by each generation.” — Hillary Clinton
- “I always have the most fun on the Fourth of July. You don’t have to exchange any gifts. You just go to the beach and watch fireworks.” — James Lafferty
- “True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” — Clarence Darrow
- “My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.” —Adlai Stevenson II, former governor of Illinois
- “In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope.” —Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
- “We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the rights of others.” —Will Rogers, Native American actor and writer
- “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” —James Madison, 4th president of the United States
- “Because equal rights, fair play, justice, are all like the air: We all have it, or none of us has it. That is the truth of it.” —Maya Angelou, American writer and civil rights activist
- “True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what’s right.” —Brigham Young, American religious leader
- “Diversity of thought and culture and religion and ideas has become the strength of America.” —Gary Locke, politician and diplomat
- “Where you see wrong or inequality or injustice, speak out, because this is your country. This is your democracy. Make it. Protect it. Pass it on.” —Thurgood Marshall, Supreme Court Justice and civil rights activist
- “With freedom comes responsibility.” —Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady and human rights activist
- “What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom ‘to’ and freedom ‘from.’” —Marilyn vos Savant, writer
- “When you get to know a lot of people, you make a great discovery… It takes all the people—black and white, Catholic, Jewish, and Protestant, recent immigrants and Mayflower descendants—to make up America.” —Judy Garland, American actress and singer
- “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” —Bob Dylan, musician
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.” —Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
- “I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.” —Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, French writer
- “The function of freedom is to free someone else.” —Toni Morrison, American writer
- Today I bow my head in memory of those who laid down their lives for the freedom of the nation. Wishing you a very happy Fourth of July.
- Many lives were lost in the struggle for freedom. Always cherish it. Wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July.
- Fourth of July is the day to remember our fallen heroes. Happy Independence!
- From a colony to one of the greatest sovereign nations on earth, we have come a long way. Happy Fourth of July!
- Today, remember with pride the heroes who laid down their lives for us. Happy Fourth of July!
- Thanks to the efforts of our heroes, today we are a free nation. Happy fourth of July!
- May our country continue to prosper. Happy Fourth of July!
- American soldiers are not just fighting for their country but are also keeping the world safe. Happy Fourth of July!
- Had it not been for our valiant freedom fighters, we would have been living in slavery. Happy Fourth of July!
- Let us work hard to make our country the best in the world. Happy Fourth of July!
- Let us remember those because of whom we are a free nation. Happy Fourth of July!
- I am proud of my country and its people. Happy Fourth of July!
- I am lucky to have been born in such a wonderful country. Wishing all a very happy Fourth of July.
- Always remember those who gave their lives for us. Wishing all a happy Fourth of July.
- Had it not been for the bravery of the armed forces of our great country, we would have lost our freedom a long time ago. Happy Fourth of July!
- A thousand salutation to the great men and women of my country. Happy Fourth of July.
- I am proud to be born in a country where there is freedom and plenty of opportunities. Wishing everyone a happy Fourth of July.
- May our country continue to prosper and be an example for other countries to emulate. Happy Fourth of July!
All the Quotation on the website quotf.com falls under the fair use of copyright law. We provide quotes from different authors as is. Just because, we quote their words does not mean we agree with their words or approve of their ideas.