Memorial Day is, first and foremost, a holy day dedicated to honoring the millions of heroic soldiers who gave their lives in the service of their country. One of the simplest ways to do so is to browse through these inspirational Memorial Day quotes. Each of these patriotic quotations will serve as a reminder of how outstanding these warriors were and how much their lives meant. As Tamra Bolton points out, “This is the day when we remember all those who did not return home. This is neither a holiday nor a celebration; it is a day of serious reflection on the price of freedom.”
Many of us commemorate Memorial Day on Monday, May 27th, with a start-of-summer cookout, beach vacation, or town parade. It’s really a day dedicated to remembering the fallen troops who fought for our freedom. These Memorial Day quotations are worthy of sharing, not only to remind us of our soldiers’ sacrifices. Simply put, to express gratitude. Because it is something that should be done every day, not only on a Monday in May. “Remember, honor, and celebrate Memorial Day.”
Happy Memorial Day
On May 31st, Americans throughout the country will commemorate the heroic men and women who gave their lives in the service of our country. Happy memorial day quotes tell us that whether you’re planning a parade, a service, or a moment of quiet to commemorate those who have given their lives for our freedom, we’ve selected some of the noblest, most dignified, and patriotic comments from some of our country’s greatest figures. Here are some of the best Memorial Day quotes:
“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”~ Elmer Davis
“No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.”~ General Douglas MacArthur
“Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”~ Mary Roach
“It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”~ Norman Schwarzkopf
“Patriotism is not short, frenzied outburts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”~ Adlai Stevenson
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”~ Charles de Gaulle
“America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.”~ Claudia Pemberton
“I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.”~ John Thune
“There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.”~ Nick Lampson
“Over all our happy country over all our Nation spread, is a band of noble heroes–is our Army of the Dead.”~ Will Carleton
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived.”~ George S. Patton
“I love America more than any other country in the world, and exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.”~ James A. Baldwin
“There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.”~ William J. Clinton
“My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”~ John F. Kennedy
“You will never do anything in this world without courage.”~ Aristotle
“Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay.”~ Barack Obama
“Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.”~ Theodore Roosevelt
Memorial Day 2022 Quotes
Memorial Day is a nationwide day of remembrance for all those who have died while serving the United States of America. This day, formerly known as Decoration Day, commemorates and celebrates the sacrifices made by the army who gave their lives to bring glory and independence to their country. This day, which falls on the final Monday of May, is observed as a tribute to veterans.
“Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion.”~ Calvin Coolidge
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”~ Joseph Campbell
“Never was so much owed by so many few.”~ Winston Churchill
“To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.”~ Unknown
“The brave die never, though they sleep in dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men.”~ Minot J. Savage
“Veterans are a symbol of what makes our nation great, and we must never forget all they have done to ensure our freedom.”~ Rodney Frelinghuysen
“The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.”~ Benjamin Disraeli
“Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.”~ Wallace Bruce
“Ceremonies are important. But our gratitude has to be more than visits to the troops, and once-a-year Memorial Day ceremonies. We honor the dead best by treating the living well.”~ Jennifer M. Granholm
“Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.”~ Sun Tzu
“Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.”~ G.K. Chesterson
“And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.”~ Joseph Rodman Drake
Happy Memorial Day Quotes
On Monday, May 30, 2022, Americans across the country will celebrate the brave servicemen and servicewomen who died defending our country. Memorial Day is a special time to honor America’s history and commemorate the bravery, courage, and honor of our troops. We’ve gathered a list of the most dignified and patriotic Memorial Day quotes to offer to honor our nation’s veterans who sacrificed everything to fight for our freedom as Americans.
“So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.”~ Helen Keller
“Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory there would be no civilization, no future.”~ Elie Wisel
“The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.”~ Jeff Miller
“Over all our happy country – over all our Nation spread, is a band of noble heroes– is our Army of the Dead.”~ Will Carleton
“What I can do for my country, I am willing to do.”~ Christopher Gadsen
“A man is a patriot if his heart beats true to his country.”~ Charles E. Jefferson
“Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives.”~ John Adams
“If you want to thank a soldier, be the kind of American worth fighting for.”~ Unknown
“Let their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.”~ Daniel Webster
“For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.”~ James A. Garfield
“This nation will remain the land of the free only as long as it is home of the brave.”~ Elmer Davis
Happy Memorial Day 2022 Wishes
It can be difficult, if not impossible, to find the right words to honor those who lost their lives for our freedom. Thankfully, there are more than a few Memorial Day quotes that come close. These patriotic quotes have been uttered by some of the most influential American leaders and thinkers, including John F. Kennedy, Barack Obama, Bob Dylan, and Maya Angelou.
Let us take inspiration from the brave soldiers to become good citizens of our nation….. Greetings on the occasion of Memorial Day!!!
Today is the day to thank all those who brightened our lives with happiness and freedom. Let us bow our heads and remember the sacrifices of the soldiers. Happy Memorial Day!
It demands high spirit to sacrifice your life for your country and to leave your children free. Let us spare few minutes to remember and thank such wonderful souls. Happy Memorial Day to you.
Let us thank all the servicemen and women who are no longer with us for protecting our country by giving away your lives. Happy Memorial Day to you and your family.
On this occasion of Memorial Day, let us thank to every person who has served and protected the country and brought happiness to our lives. Wishing you a warm Happy Memorial Day.
Nothing means anything till the time you don’t have freedom to think, freedom to speak and freedom to act. Let us thank all those who brought freedom to our lives. Happy Memorial Day.
Today let us thank all the Veterans, fallen Heroes of America who gave away their lives to serve the nation. Wishing you and your family a warm and Happy Memorial Day 2022.
Sending warm wishes to the arm forces of America who have always been fighting for the glory, happiness and growth of the country and countrymen. Happy Memorial Day. May God bless you!!
Real heroes never die. They always live in our hearts to inspire us, motivate us and guide us in our lives. Sending you warm wishes on Memorial Day in remembrance of the true heroes we lost.
Sending lots of love to our armed forces and their families who have always contributed to make our nation a better place to live. Sending heartfelt wishes on Memorial Day.
May God bless all the service men and women in present and past for their selfless contribution toward country and countrymen. Warm wishes to everyone on Happy Memorial Day.
Let us honour all the veterans and also all the service men for whom nation always come first…. Warm greetings on Memorial Day.
They have left us with a memory that can never be forgotten…. They have left us with a heartache that no one can heal…. Best wishes on Memorial Day.
- “For the love for the nation they had in their hearts, they sacrificed all the comforts and their lives. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “Memorial Day will keep reminding each one of us that we are blessed to have brave heroes who have always fought for us.”
- “We cannot thank them enough for they have given their lives to save the country. Warm wishes on Memorial Day.”
- “Today we have the best of the privileges because our heroes have fought for them. Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day.”
Memorial Day Messages Thank You Quotes
Memorial day demands us to be thankful for all the sacrifices soldiers have done for us memorial day is a day when you sit in a corner of your home and think about what you can do for your country. Memorial day quotes teach us a lesson of sacrifice, bravery, and honesty.
“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.”~ James Allen
“There are no words to thank our national heroes for the sacrifices they have made for all of us. Warm wishes on Memorial Day to all.”
“Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Let us thank our national heroes for always standing for the safety of our country.”
“On the occasion of Memorial Day, let us come together to express our gratitude towards the ones who have died for our nation. Warm wishes on Memorial Day.”
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”~ Melody Beattie
“Your silent tents of green / We deck with fragrant flowers; / Yours has the suffering been, / The memory shall be ours.”~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.”~ President Barack Obama
“Today let us, as Americans, honor the American fighting man. For it is he — the soldier, the sailor, the Airman, the Marine — who has fought to preserve freedom. It is his valor that has given renewed hope to the free world that by working together in discipline and faith our ideals of freedom will always prevail.”~ Admiral Forrest P. Sherman
“We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.”~ Francis A. Walker
“Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.”~ Daniel Webster
- “They fought together as brothers-in-arms. They died together and now they sleep side by side. To them we have a solemn obligation.” — Admiral Chester A. Nimitz
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” — President Harry S. Truman
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” — Cynthia Ozick
- “It is fitting and proper that we devote one day each year to paying special tribute to those whose constancy and courage constitute one of the bulwarks guarding the freedom of this nation and the peace of the free world.” — President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all our service men and women past and present. You are not forgotten! Courteney Cox
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. John F. Kennedy
- These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor – and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror. Michael N. Castle
- “Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.” ~ Richard Watson Gilder
- “This is the day we pay homage to all those who didn’t come home. This is not Veterans Day, it’s not a celebration, it is a day of solemn contemplation over the cost of freedom.” –Tamra Bolton
- “As we set today aside to honor and thank our veterans, let us be mindful that we should do this every day of the year and not just one.” –Beth Pennington
- “And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.” –Lee Greenwood
Never Forget The Memorial Day
Memorial day demands us to remember the sacrifices of soldiers. The sacrifice of life is the greatest kind of sacrifice of all times. Memorial day quotes emphasize we remember those who played well on the battlefield and died serving. Never forget the memorial day quotes are emotional, touching enough to inculcate a sense of patriotism in you.
“How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes.”~ Maya Angelou
“We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.”~ Unknown
“America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.”~ Claudia Pemberton
“Home of the free, because of the brave.”~ Unknown
“I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.”~ Nathan Hale
“Where liberty dwells, there is my country.”~ Benjamin Franklin
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.” -Thomas Campbell
- “Here men endured that a nation might live.” –Herbert Hoover
- “In the aftermath, we are because they were.” –RJ Heller
- “May we never forget freedom isn’t free.” –Unknown
- “Whenever the world makes you cynical; whenever you seek true humility and true selflessness, look to a veteran.” ~ Barack Obama
- “This is the day we pay homage to all those who didn’t come home. This is not Veteran’s Day, it’s not a celebration, it is a day of solemn contemplation over the cost of freedom.” ~ Tamra Bolton
Christian Patriotic Memorial Day Quotes
Memorial Day encapsulates a lot of what it means to be an American. On May 30, people all throughout the country will recall and honor the great sacrifices made by military personnel. Through the act of commemoration, remember the war heroes and read the memorial day quotes which are considered the best source of having a sense of relief.
“And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.”~ Lee Greenwood
“On Memorial Day, we honor those that have fought for the American concept. Men and women that have sacrificed so much in order to defend the ideals that have made us a great nation.”~ Kamala Harris
“True patriotism is not manifested in short, frenzied bursts of emotion. It is the tranquil, steady dedication of a lifetime.”~ Adlai E. Stevenson II
“The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.”~ Judd Gregg
“America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination, and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.”~ Harry S. Truman
“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”~ Mark Twain
“Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.”~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I am red and white and blue. These are colors that ring true.” —Dolly Parton
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” —Robert Frost
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” — Maya Angelou
- “Salute the ones who died / The ones that give their lives, so we don’t have to sacrifice all the things we love.” —Zac Brown Band
- “Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes, small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.” —Mary Roach
- “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” —Adlai Stevenson
Funny Memorial Day Quotes
Funny Memorial Day texts and Memorial Day captions with a sense of humor can brighten your day. Don’t take yourself too seriously and send memorial greetings and hilarious Memorial Day quotes and sayings to your friends and family.
“A very Happy Memorial Day to you my dear. Time has come to make this long weekend to spoil our bodies so that even military doesn’t accept us.”
“On the occasion of Memorial Day, I just want to remind you that one good thing that you can do for the nation is not going into the army.”
“Wishing someone like you on Memorial Day always gives me doubt because you are so deep into self love that you would not understand the meaning of loving your nation.”
“The strange thing about this generation is that they want all the freedom but they don’t want to value it. Happy Memorial Day to you.”
“Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day to someone who doesn’t mind stabbing himself in order to avoid going for the army.”
“A soldier who dies on the battlefield protecting his nation does deserve a day which recognizes his sacrifice. Happy Memorial Day.”
“Today is not just another holiday to have a drink and a party. It is a day to thank those martyrs who died for us. Warm wishes on Memorial Day.
“We were sitting comfortably at home when they were fighting wars for us. Let us remember them on Memorial Day.”
“It costed us many graves to get this freedom for our nation. Happy Memorial Day.”
“The best thing that you can do to make our martyrs’ souls rest in peace is love our country.”
“If you don’t value this freedom then you are not valuing the sacrifices to many.”
- Don’t just make Memorial Day about a long weekend with your dear ones.
- There is actually nothing funny about Memorial Day, many people lost their lives.
- Life is strange. Those who fought the battle don’t get to live in the free country.
- They sowed the seeds by sacrificing their lives and we are reaping the benefits.
- “If you cannot love your Motherland then you cannot love anyone else. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “It is funny how people don’t love their countries when their country has given them so much.”
- “For people who don’t love their nation, you cannot expect them to celebrate Memorial Day.”
- “Memorial Day is all about keeping the brave soldiers alive in our lives. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “Crying over martyrs is disrespecting them. Let us celebrate their sacrifices and make them proud.”
- “Warm wishes on Memorial Day. Let us do something great so that our soldiers don’t repent dying for us.”
- “When they look down from heaven, they should feel proud of their countrymen. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “Let us salute our martyrs by celebrating this day with the stories of their bravery. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “Had you been a soldier, we would have lost the battle and there would have been no Memorial Day.”
- “Cheers to the army who have fought for our freedom or else today would have been just another day.”
- “It is kind of funny that they died and we are celebrating. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “Pray for them and work for the country to make it a meaningful Memorial Day.”
- “Don’t give them a chance to regret giving their lives for a bunch of fools. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “They were brave and we are fortunate. Warm wishes on Memorial Day to everyone.”
Short Memorial Day Quotes
Memorial Day is a day to honor and commemorate those who have served our country, as well as to celebrate freedom. With memorial day quotes, take a moment to reflect on Memorial Day’s genuine significance.
“I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”~ Bob Riley
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but the capacity to act despite our fears.”~ John McCain
“On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!”~ Thomas William Parsons
“We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.”~ THEODORE ROOSEVELT
Memorial Day Quotes For Friends
Memorial Day honors those who valiantly gave their lives in the service of our country and to safeguard our freedom. On this momentous day, here are five of our favorite memorial day quotes to help respect and remember these warriors. You would cherish them once you read them:
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
- We will always be grateful to all those who sacrificed their lives for United States of America…. Let us remember and honour their dedication and courage!!!
- The onus of keeping the spirit of patriotism alive falls on our shoulders. Let us come together to remember and honor the biggest sacrifices of our heroes. Happy Memorial Day to you.
- Patriotism is all about supporting your country in good and in bad, in sacrificing yourself to your nation just like our army men and women. Warm wishes to you on Memorial Day my friend.
- Americans have always fought for freedom and they never surrendered to become prisoners for life. Let us honor the spirits of our soldiers who sacrificed their lives for us. Happy Memorial Day.
- The brave soldiers are never dead, they always shine bright in the stories of their courage which show us the path of victory and honor. Wishing you a warm Happy Memorial Day my buddy.
- On the occasion of Memorial Day, let us remember the soldiers who lost their lives for bringing happiness in freedom in our lives. We are fortunate to be lead by such courageous souls. Happy Memorial Day.
- Our soldiers have been the biggest heroes who gave their lives to something bigger than their own selves. Let us honor their spirit and sacrifice. Happy Memorial Day to you my friend.
- Freedom never comes for free and we have indeed paid a high price for it. Let us promise to never surrender to the wrong and always keep our head held high. Happy Memorial Day.
- Memorial Day is dedicated to all those who kept the faith and fought the fight with courage. Let us remember such glorious souls. Sending warm wishes to you on Memorial Day.
- Let us thank and honor every patriot who gave his blood to bring freedom to America by bowing our heads in respect. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Memorial Day my friend.
- 1My dear friend, an American may not be anything but he is a patriot by birth as our ancestors lost their lives for the honor of the nation. Sending warm wishes to you on Memorial Day.
Father Memorial Day Quotes
After losing a father, there is an incredible amount of grief. When you lose your father, you lose a protector, a guiding hand, a best friend, and a superhero. Whether you’re creating a memorial shadow box or a list of memorial day quotes, we’ve got you covered.
- “They gave up their lives for the peace and security of our country. Let us thank them on the special occasion of Memorial Day.
- “Each and every year Memorial Day reminds us that we so fortunate to be born on the land of braves and strong. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day to you dad. Let us tell the military men and women that we are so grateful to them and their families.”
- “It is not easy to die for your nation. It demands lots of strength and patriotism. Salute to our veterans. A very Happy Memorial Day to you dad.”
- “Sending warm wishes to you dad on the occasion of Memorial Day. Let us dedicate this day to the fallen heroes by working hard to be a progressive country.”
- “Their only wish was to see their country in peace and countrymen happy. We salute them with all our hearts. Happy Memorial Day to you dad.”
- “Let us celebrate Memorial Day by counting our blessings in forms of soldiers who gave their lives in order to protect us. Warm wishes on Memorial Day.”
- “Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day to you dad. Let us praise the men and women who sacrificed their lives for the nation.”
- “The most beautiful love is love for the country and our national heroes died with that love in their heart. A very Happy Memorial Day to you.”
- “Dearest father, I wish you a very Happy Memorial Day. Let us bow our heads and fold our hands in prayer to remember the inspiring heroes of our nation.”
- “The brave hearted martyrs will always be remembered and thanked for they are the reason we are happy and protected. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “The occasion of Memorial Day reminds every American of the sacrifices of the courageous army men and women. Let us thank them on Memorial Day.”
- “Wishing you a very Happy Memorial Day dad. You have always taught me to love our country and I will love it till my last breath.”
- “Thanks dad for teaching me patriotism and dedication towards nation because that is what every country needs. Happy Memorial Day.”
- “On the occasion of Memorial Day, I just want to tell you that you are being missed dad. This day is incomplete without you.”
- “Sending lots of love and warm wishes on Memorial Day to you dad. You are the kind of heroes our nation would always need.”
Tribute To Fallen Heroes Quotes
Whatever type of Memorial Day celebration you choose, make sure to incorporate some of these Memorial Day quotations to set the tone. Our collection includes inspirational words, quotes for loved ones, thank you letters, and other sentiments to express gratitude and honor those who have passed away. If you’re unsure of the holiday’s history, brush up on these interesting Memorial Day facts and share what you’ve learned with your friends.
- They chose to serve the country till their last breath and they brought great honour to our country. Warm wishes on Memorial Day to everyone.”
- “Wishing my loved ones a very Happy Memorial Day. Let us express our gratitude towards our national heroes who will always be our pride.”
- “We are fortunate to be born on a land which has given birth to such inspiring heroes. In their memory, let us celebrate Memorial Day with high spirits.”
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” –Ronald Reagan
- “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” –Minot J. Savage
- “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” –Adlai E. Stevenson II
- “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world. A veteran does not have that problem.” –Ronald Reagan
- “Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.” –Unknown
- “On this day, take time to remember those who have fallen. But on every day after, do more; put the freedoms they died for to greater and nobler uses.” –Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost.” –Robert A. Heinlein
- “Their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.” –Daniel Webster
- “Over all our happy country—over all our Nation spread, is a band of noble heroes—is our Army of the Dead.” ~ Will Carleton
Memorial Day Inspirational Messages
Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States that honors and remembers those who have died while serving in the military. Memorial day inspirational messages ask us to remind them on the day to never forget what they have done for us. The complied quotes are all about remembering the sacrifices of brave soldiers.
- It is their courage and love for the nation that made them happily sacrifice their lives…. Happy Memorial Day to you.
- On the occasion of Memorial Day, let us take inspiration from the brave-hearted souls which fought till their last breath.
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.” –John F. Kennedy
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” –Bob Dylan
- “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” –Thucydides
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
Death Memorial Day Messages
Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States that honors and remembers those who have died while serving in the military. Death memorial day messages tell us that, On the final Monday in May and visits to cemeteries and memorials are held to commemorate the day. Memorial day quotes are the best source of understanding a day on which we remember and mourn those who have perished in conflicts, and pay honor to our fallen heroes.
- “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb a beauty weeps the brave.” ~ JOSEPH RODMAN DRAKE
- “The brave never die, though they sleep in dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men.” ~ MINOT J. SAVAGE
- “Ceremonies are important. But our gratitude has to be more tan visits to the troops and once-a-year Memorial Day ceremonies. We honor the dead best by treating the living well.” ~ JENNIFER M. GRANHOLM
- “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.” ~ SUN TZU
- “Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, it’s honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.” ~ PETE HEGSETH
Best Memorial Day Instagram Captions
As Memorial Day approaches, it’s a good moment to remember those who have given all for the freedom we enjoy every day. It’s worthwhile to consider these notable Memorial Day statements during that three-day weekend. We’ve compiled a collection of patriotic quotations, gratitude quotes, and hand-picked statements about troops.
- “Memorial Day: celebrate, honor, remember.”
- Land of the free, because of the brave.
- May we never forget freedom isn’t free.
- Burgers and brews for the red, white, and blue.
- I like the taste of freedom.
- My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue.
- Home of the free, est. 1776.
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.
- If it involves fireworks, BBQ, and freedom—count me in.
- Bold stripes, bright stars, brave hearts.
- Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
- God bless America, land that I love.
- Red, white, and cute!
- Worry less, grill more.
- U.S. of Yay!
- Summer begins now.
- My Memorial Day: Sunshine, sandwiches, and spending time with the fam.
- If you didn’t grill, did your Memorial Day even happen?
- Bye, bye to my sweet apple pie.
- Beach you to it!
- Spending the day with my babies and my besties.
- Sun’s out, hamburger buns out!
We hope you found the memorial day quotes inspiring. More quotes can always be found on Quotf. The quotes on the website can be copied and pasted or shared on social networking platforms.
You may also like to read more event articles:
Labour Day Quotes, Mothers Day Quotes, Mental Health Quotes, Fathers Day Quotes